Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baby in the Water







It's been awhile... probably because I've been so ridiculously busy that I've had no time to write. I've had a great past couple of weeks. I finally completed my February break list now that it's mid march. I even sent out the Save-the-dates for my wedding! There's no turning back now.... 75 families have marked August 7th as the day I take the plunge...

In the meantime... Avery's adjusted well back to my work schedule! My daycare provider moved into a house that's not a duplex where the people on the other side smoke, and where there's an awesome playroom and enormous yard where Avery can play... gotta love clean air and play space for my son! I'm also excited that during April break I'm going to be filling in for her while she's on vacation, meaning I get to spend a day in the life of Avery! Can't wait!

Other exciting and somewhat stressful things... I've now picked up 6 new kids onto my caseload at work- interesting, challenging, and a lot more work for me! But I'm glad to take them on! Another thing- the Praxis Exam, April 23rd. The day after my sorority's reunion celebration. I love how a fun event and a stressful event can collide so beautifully. Also, 2 months until I graduate from grad school (pending on my Praxis results)! Gotta love the end of semester crunch.

Amidst this chaos, I also took the opportunity to take Avery on for his first swimming adventure this past weekend. He loves the water, whether it's playing in the bath, pouring out mommy's glass of water, or splashing in the dog's bowl. So I figured he'd enjoy swimming and playing in a pool. I was a little nervous, however, about how he might react to being immersed in colder water. The bath is warm. The swimming pool at IROC, although heated, takes a few minutes to get used to.

So after a few minutes of fussing and minor complaints, Avery loved the water! He played with the ball, and in the fountain, and even went in the deep end with me. And I must mention, my niece Zoe also tried out the deep end for the first time! What a day....

I'm elated that he likes swimming. It makes me so excited for this summer! Water is a key element in the circle of life, as well as a key element in enjoying hot weather! Pool water is a start... 3 months from now it will be lake water... hmmm... a new adventure to write about!

You have to admit, the pictures of my little baby in the water are pretty far from a horror film... in fact they are quite cute! I love opportunities in life to capture and narrate pictures of little things that bring me such happiness and pleasure. With all the chaos and complications that come along with life in general, simple pleasures go a long, loooong way!

No comments:

Post a Comment